A little about us..
Word of Life Christian School
Passionately impacting our world for Christ one life at a time!
Word of Life Christian School, an IEB accredited institution, strives to inspire and empower learners through the provision of:
- quality education founded on Christian principles;
- qualified and compassionate staff who nurture and develop each child;
- small classes allowing for stimulation academic investigations and experiences;
- positive partnership with all stakeholders to build our community.
Word of Life Christian School was established in 1998 as a wholly owned ministry of the Vereeniging Word of Life Baptist Church. We strive to reach the community with the Gospel of Christ (non doctrinal) while providing affordable, high quality education, following the IEB curriculum towards a National Senior Certificate. It is the desire that every child who passes through Word of Life Christian School will:
• Learn about themselves – their strengths and abilities.
• Learn about the content of each subject.
• Learn about the world and its diversity.
• Learn about dealing with success and failure.
• Learn about accepting people and their beliefs.
• Learn about the love of a merciful and gracious Lord.
Our staff are qualified and continually pursue further training and professional development. We believe that children learn well in a friendly yet firm environment, one that is consistent. Each staff member at this school believes that he/she has been called, by the Lord, to serve our learners. In serving these precious people we aim to achieve excellence. Excellence in our subject knowledge, Excellence in our conduct and manner towards our children and their parents.
Word of Life strives to provide our learners with a balanced learning environment. We encourage our learners to participate in both sport and cultural activities. The value of participation can never be underestimated. Our learners are motivated to perform to the best of their ability and to reach their potential in various spheres of school life. Word of Life learners leave our school well prepared for life outside of school – they are self-confident analytical and critical thinkers with an excellent academic foundation. We are certain that learners who pass through our school are well equipped to have a productive impact on the future of this country. They will stand firmly for “whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable, excellent or praiseworthy” – Philippians 4:8.